'enricoSmog practitioners ran an in-house course for us for which I have received very good feedback from the OH advisors who attended and from the clients who have been assessed since. Well done!'
Occupational Health manager, OH Provider
'I'd been looking for a course like this for ages, as we have loads of drivers out on the roads, and we want to keep them safe, and so knowing how to carry out this type of assessment will help greatly'
Health, safety and well-being manager, National Distributor
All course delegates will be asked to do a simple assessment of his or her vehicle.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for staff that would like to be able to carry out vehicle assessments for drivers who report discomfort or pain.
As an assessor you will learn how to?
- Assess the person and the vehicle
- Identify key risk factors
- Carry out a systematic assessment using our body map and risk assessment checklist
- Determine if the vehicle matches the job- driver demands
- Write up a report detailing your findings and be able to communicate this to your employer or client
To achieve the objectives the training course is designed to be as practical as possible, and to stimulate and encourage proactive behaviour and discussion throughout the day.
Our training course can be tailor made to those organisations requiring an in house course.
Course timetable and content (Please check joining instructions for exact start time and location)
08.45–09.00 Welcome Coffee
- Course overview and case studies
- Legislation and the DVLA
09.30 –10.00 Vehicle and person ergonomics
- Types of vehicle
- Types of driving tasks and types of tasks that workers carry out
- Common problems
- Using the drivers body map tool
- Understanding driver and vehicle anthropometrics and matching these to job demands
10.30 – 10.40 Mid morning break
10.40 – 11.10 Typical driver assessments (using a number of case studies)
- Dealing with problems
- Overview of solutions
11.10 – 12.30 The risk assessment
- How to use the vehicle and driver assessment checklist in preparation for the afternoon practical
12.30 –13:15 Lunch
13.15 –15.00 Car assessment practical
- Each delegate will get a chance to carry out a vehicle assessment) which will put into practice what was has been learnt in the AM session
- Data and findings from this session will be used by the delegate to write up a report
15.00 –15.55 Analysing the findings and making recommendations
- How to determine vehicle suitability (what the employer is offering and what the employee needs)
- Writing up the report utilising our flow chart
- What to advise clients
- Where to go for clients with special needs
16.00 –16.15 Round up and questions
VAT (@20%) £79.00
The price includes an assessors guide, course materials, refreshments and lunch.
Ergonomic driver and vehicle assessment training course dates and location - courses when full will be removed from the list.
Please call 01747 871868 if you would like an in-house course or would like to speak a member of enricoSmog's team or send us an firstname.lastname@example.org
Salisbury - 8th May